|1. Fu J, Cheng Y, Linghu J, Yang X, Kang L, Zhang Z, Zhang J, He C, Du X, Peng Z, Wang B, Zhai L, Dai C, Xu J, Wang W, Li X, Zheng J, Chen L, Luo L, Liu J, Qian X, Yan J, Wang J, Wang G（2013） RNA sequencing reveals the complex regulatory network in the maize kernel. Nat Commun. 4:2832 (The co-first author).
2. Li F, Jia H, Liu L, Zhang C, Liu Z, Zhang Z (2014) Quantitative trait loci mapping for kernel row number using chromosome segment substitution lines in maize. Genet Mol Res 2014,13(1):1707-1716.
3.Du H, Huang M, Zhang Z, Cheng S (2014) Genome-wide analysis of the AP2/ERF gene family in maize waterlogging stress response. Euphytica 198:115–126.
4. Zhai L, Sun W, Zhang K, Jia H, Liu L, Liu Z, Teng F, Zhang Z* (2014) Identification and characterization of Argonaute gene family and meiosis-enriched Argonaute during sporogenesis in maize. J Integr Plant Biol, doi: 10.1111/jipb.12205
5. Teng F, Zhai L,Liu R Bai W, Wang L, Huo D, Tao Y, Zheng Y, Zhang Z* (2013) ZmGA3ox2, a candidate gene for a major QTL, qPH3.1, for plant height in maize. The Plant Journal, 73:405-416.
6. Zhai L,Liu Z,Jiang Y, Zou X, Zheng Y, Zhang Z* (2013) miRNA-mediated auxin signaling regulates the initiation and elongation of crown roots of maize under submergence condition. Physiologia Plantarum,147:181-193.
7. Qi H, Huang J, Zheng Q, Huang Y, Shao R, Zhu L, Zhang Z, Qiu F, Zhou G, Zheng Y, Yue B (2013) Identification of combining ability loci for five yield-related traits in maize using a set of testcrosses with introgression lines. Theor Appl Genet.126(2):369-377.
8. Liu R, Jia H, Cao X, Huang J, Li F, Tao Y, Qiu F, Zheng Y, Zhang Z* (2012) Fine mapping and candidate gene prediction of a pleiotropic quantitative trait locus for yield-related trait in Zea mays. PLoS ONE, 7(11): e49836.
9. Liu R, Xing X, Zhang H, Zhao P, Zhang Z* (2012) Mining of Candidate Maize Genes for Nitrogen Use Efficiency by Integrating Gene Expression and QTL Data. Plant Mol Biol Report, 2:297-308.
10. LV A, Zhang H, Zhang Z*, Tao Y, Yue B, Zheng Y (2012) Coversion of the statistical combining into a genetic concept. Journal of Intergrative Agriculture, 11(1):43-52.
11. Li Q, Yang X, Xu S, Cai Y, Zhang D, Han Y, Li L, Zhang Z, Gao S, Li J, Yan J (2012) Genome-Wide Association Studies Identified Three Independent Polymorphisms Associated with α-Tocopherol Content in Maize Kernels. PLoS ONE 7(5): e36807.
12. Zhang X, Tang B, Yu F, Li L, Wang M, Xue Y, Zhang Z, Yan J, Yue B, Zheng Y, Qiu F (2012) Identification of major QTL for waterlogging tolerance using genome-wide association and linkage mapping of maize seedlings. Plant Mol Biol Report, Doi: 10.1007/s11105-012- 0526-3.
13. Zou X, Jiang Y, Zheng Y, Zhang Z* (2011) Prolyl 4-hydroxylase genes are subjected to alternative splicing in roots of maize seedlings under waterlogging. Annals of Botany, 108:1323–1335.
14. Yang X, Yan J, Gao S, Zhang Z, Li J (2011) Characterization of a global germplasm collection and its potential utilization for analysis of complex quantitative traits in maize. Mol Breeding, 28:511-526.
15. Du H, Zhang Z*, Li JS (2010) Isolation and functional characterization of a waterlogging induced promoter from maize. Plant Cell Reports,29:1269-1275.
16. Zou X, Jiang Y, Zhang Z, Zheng Y* (2010) Identification of transcriptome induced in roots of maize seedlings at the late stage of waterlogging. BMC Plant Biology,10:189.
17. Bai W. Wang L, Teng F, Tao Y, Zhang Z* (2010) The evidence for non-additive effect as the main genetic component for maize plant height and ear height using introgression line populations. Plant Breeding, 129:376-384.
18. Wang L,Wei L,Zhang D,Tao Y,Zheng Y, Zhang Z* (2009) The residual background genome from a donor within an improved line selected by marker-assisted selection: impact on phenotype and combining ability. Plant Breeding, 128:429-435.
19. Wei L, Zhang D, Zhang Z* (2009) Differentially expressed miRNAs potentially involved in the regulation of defense mechanism to drought stress in maize seedlings. Int J Plant Sci, 170 (8): 979 -989,2009.
20. Zhang Z*, Zhang D, Zheng Y (2009) Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression in submerged root cells of maize. Plant Signaling & Behavior, 4(2):30-33.
21. Ding D, Wang H, Liu Z, Zhang Z, Zheng Y (2009). Differential expression of miRNAs in response to salt stress in maize roots. Annals of Botany,103(1): 29-38.
22. Zhang Z, Wei L, Zou X, Tao Y, Liu Z, Zheng Y (2008). Submergence-responsive MicroRNAs are potentially involved in the regulation of morphological and metabolic adaptations in maize root cells. Annals of Botany, 102(4): 509-519.